Reporting directly to the main board of Directors, this role will require the successful individual to take on the joint responsibility for Client Services and Sales support of our field Sales team at our main UK HQ in Hillington, Glasgow. Responsible for around 150 SME clients, the individual will become the main point of contact from a client servicing perspective for these clients whilst supporting the field sales team with pricing quotations, sales lead generation, assistance with tenders & bid documents, managing call rates and client reports for the management team whilst assisting the Operations Director with all aspects of new business implementation including the S.O.P. Procurement skills will also be necessary when liaising with key suppliers from Shipping Lines, Airlines and Road Haulage companies.
This exciting management position will provide the successful candidate with a very competitive salary in conjunction with a potentially lucrative Bonus/Incentive plan paid Quarterly based on the total targets for the Sales Team. A company car or car allowance will accompany the role along with a Company Contributory Pension Plan.
- Looking after ALL clients current SME Client Quotations, updating SOP & Client Tariffs on a Monthly Basis
- Supporting our Network Partners with Pricing/Quotations
- Reporting directly to the Directors of the business and providing assistance as an when required to each Director
- Supporting Field Sales with Pricing Quotations whilst following up on Quotes
- Providing new business Implementation services assistance to Operations and Management
- Daily Liaison/Client relationship development with Clients at all levels both existing and prospective
- Daily Liaison with Service Partners such as Airlines, Ocean Lines and Haulier
- Rates Procurement from key Service Providers from Airlines, Shipping Lines, Shipping Agents and Hauliers
- Lead generation for Sales and Management
- Client Report & Sales Report generation
- Sales Team – Call Rate Management
- At least 5 Years of experience in a Freight Forwarding/Logistics Operations or Sales environment
- Excellent Client Service Skills
- Outstanding record for developing relationships
- Extensive Knowledge of Freight Forwarding & Logistics in Air, Ocean, Road Freight modes
- Extensive knowledge of Supplier base for Air, Ocean and Road freight
- Standard Hours 9am to 5.30pm
- Up to 25 Days Holiday excluding Statutory Holidays
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible working as and when required to assist with bids/tenders and new business implementation outside of working hours
- Occasional requirements to visit clients and support Management and Sales on these visits in the U.K. and very occasionally overseas.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org